Monday, June 8, 2009

dresses and headaches and storms oh my!!!






Yesterday I met up with my college friend Jen to get her fitted for her dress. It was a good time-except the sales girl who helped us was a little dingy and didn't know what she was doing. Jen said, I need an 8,9,or 10. So the girl walked away and said, "all we have is a 14 and 21 so we'll just have to try this on and guess what size you are." So, I walked over to the back wall and pulled off an 8, 10, and 12. When I took them to the girl she said, "oh, haha, you should work here." EXACTLY. When are we going to meet some sales people who know how to do their job. Jen had to order her size from D.C. and they said if she needed any other size it wouldn't be in until after the wedding. YIKES! I posted a pick of her in a yellow dress in our style. Ours will be Victorian Lilac. For any of my girls reading this, I recommend a slip underneath unless you want to go commando! :)
Craig and I took Remy for a walk to the lake last night to see how the water situation is doing. It's going down, and should be dry for the wedding. Today, however, it is storming and guess what--RAINING! DRought, drought, drought!please. If you look at the picture of the two trees and the water behind it. Well, that water behind it is covering our reception site. Common July 1st.
I checked on kegs for the wedding, and so far, it looks good. Only like $86 a keg. Not bad. Now I need to check on champagne and wine and our drink situation is set. I ordered a cute little girls longaberger purse for my flower girl-Whoever that may be!! It's still up in the air who gets that position.

2 comments:

  1. WOW We all will pray the water subsides. Got a comment from Christi today on my blog. Her kids are so cute. Gonna get shoes orderd this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good. I know her kids are adorable. Harmony needs to blog so I can see her kids all the time too.

    ReplyDelete