Thursday, June 11, 2009

Candy Cones??






Last night I created a demo of our candy cones. I like the purple one the best. I am thinking I need to make them a little smaller and figure out how to get the seam to hold. I like the idea of them being hand-made, it's special that way. Here's my dilemma~that's a lot of paper to waste, and I can see them being thrown on the ground and I'd have to beat some people up after having spent numerous hours making them. Still in the process of deciding.
The secret shopper struck again. Every week or so we get a box in the mail-from ebay-and I think to myself "what in the world can this be?" Last year Craig bought 10 vats of tulle, paper lantern balls, Eiffel tower vases, and lots of wood veneer and wood blocks-- without me knowing. This year he purchased tall round vases, about 6 clear glass (mini) candy dishes, and then yesterday 200 icicle lights--without me knowing. He knew he was busted when I said "what's in the box?" Before he opened it he looked at me with a smile and said "are you mad" My response was "I can't be mad at you because you can't help the way you are, but I am very frustrated." With that he opened the box, I just shook my head and went about my business. At least our front porch will have extra light this Christmas.
I also posted a picture of a bouquet that I love. So pretty, but probably expensive-I'll have to ask the florist.
If you want a good laugh, zoom in on Berkley's face. He was not happy I was working on "HIS" counter.

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha...
    When I opened the picture with Berkley and laughed at him, I noticed the table of wedding stuff in the background. You are getting quite the collection of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good. I like the flowers very elegant. and Berkley, he's so funny. Well at least you and Craig aren't buying hte same stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bouquet! If it is expensive you can always subsitute flowers of the same color for different flowers that are in season to make it look very similar. I think you are right about people throwing the candy cones down. I like the purple ones with the thank you tag in the back like they were on the brown ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We definitely have a collection of stuff.Good thing I didn't have my laundry piled up there-

    ReplyDelete
  5. So... I think they will end up being tossed as well, so I looked onl,ine to see how much they are to purchase. It looks like it would be between $350-$400 for 250 of them printed and decorated from various websites. I am still looking for them cheaper, because that is a lot for paper that will get thrown down or thrown away. On the upside it would't be all of your hard work thrown down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might check out those paper doilies to see how much they are. I have seen people make them out of those too. Thanks for all your input and help guys.

    ReplyDelete