Monday, July 13, 2009

The Timbers-YAY!!

Craig and I went to the Timbers tonight to see the restaurant and the lodge. It was way bigger on the inside than we thought. It has high ceilings(with rafters), lots of electrical outlets, refrigerators, restrooms, solid floors, a beautiful scenery, and man I'm so excited. The lady even said she would be a little flexible with price. What a dream come true and a relief. We haven't signed anything yet, we are going to look at our budget, and let her know in the next couple of days how much we want to pay and see if she is ok with that. We will still need to find a few tables and about 100 chairs, but that's way better than floating around in canoes trying to dance to "Stayin alive" ahahaha! She actually had tulle to hang on the deck that runs around the pond, and there's a couple little ponds with a waterfall. Craig thinks one of the best parts is we can stay till 1:30. Party time. The lodge comes with it for two nights. There are six rooms, so we are trying to figure out if we can have people stay with us both nights. It's big enough that Craig and I wouldn't have to sleep in the same room fri. night and not even see each other in the morning. There's even a hot tub-hello relaxation. She said she had a family reunion and there were 22 people there-most of them stayed the night. I'm so excited and can't wait to get the invitations out and start celebrating.
My classroom is getting cleaned this week, so I can put up all my stuff soon. The stress is subsiding, I can actually unclench my teeth for a while. whooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment