Sunday, July 12, 2009

Craig and I had a pretty busy weekend. We celebrated our friend Bert's birthday on Friday night. Saturday I had a swim meet in the morning and then we drove to Chicago for a friend's wedding. It was in an architectural artifact museum and was very trendy and cool. The wedding was very special and our friend looked so beautiful in her dress. They had sweet baby rays BBQ ribs, chicken, pulled pork, spicy macaroni salad, and baked beans all served family style. They had a slide show with pictures of their families, and then had a first dance to the Seasons of Love song from RENT. Very cool. They had white cake with strawberry filling that was soooo good. I really enjoyed the service, which focused on Love and the challenges that humanity has faced because of the rules and ideas common to society, in the end "love wins" was what female pastor said. While this marriage was not legal, the bond between them and in the hearts of their family and friends was real.
Poor Craig drove all the way home from Chicago Sat. night. On Sunday I went to my friend Tara's bridal party. It was a lot of fun. The first game we played was to make a dress out of t.p. My team won. We also played a trivia game with questions about the bride and groom, I got 7 out of 10. I couldn't remember one of her cats names, which country they had visited together, and something else that I still can't remember:) She got a lot of nice things, and we are getting excited about her bachelorette party which is a couple weeks away.
When we got home I cooked dinner, mowed the lawn, changed our sheets, and swept the floor. Now I'm pooped and ready to start my relaxing summer week-thank goodness I'm a teacher. Hello lazy weekdays during the summer. Yayay!

No comments:

Post a Comment