Wednesday, March 4, 2009

uh oh!


Well, went back to the chiropractor today. He asked me all kinds of questions; Am I tired alot, do I have aches and pains, yadayada. I of course answered yes why? He showed me my xrays and I almost cried, had to suck it in and not show him how disturbed I was. First thing, I saw a little half circle in my stomache and thought-"what in the world did I swallow", relax folks it's just my belly button ring. Then he got all serious and asked me if I ever wanted kids. I got serious too and said yah, like in the next year or so. He said belly button rings are not good for this, at least that's what they tell him in acupuncture school. The next thing I noticed was how, not on the line, my spine is. I knew I had scoliosis, but not like this. My pelvis is turned, my lower back is on the right side of the line, my middle back is on the left side of the line, and the top part of my back is way back on the right side of the line. yikes. It just looks painful. Why me? He said it can be managed, but will never be fully straight. The bad news, and I keep replaying it over and over in my head-he said, "you will wear out sooner than someone who has a straight spine," because of the pressure and stress it puts on my organs. WHAT?
He said that it will take a while, ie, lots of money to get my back comfortable and then we just have to manage it. He is a really nice doctor, just not a good time to tell me I will be spending money $$$ to do this.
I called Graywood today and told them I would take any job they had, too bad it was an answering machine.
On the lighter side, we got our save the dates back from the printer and I am going to cut and put them together this afternoon. I am on a strict swimming schedule thinking it might help my back, and stretching too.
Oh and one last thing. Unless you have verizon-I can't talk to you, ever, unless it's a weekend. My phone bill was outrageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment