Sunday, March 15, 2009

Take a trip somewhere







Well, it's been just about a year since I've been home to California. I sometimes feel in a funk, but knowing I'm going home to visit always pulls me out. My best friend is due with her third child soon, a little girl. I was not there to hold her hand when the other two were born, but maybe I will be lucky and be there for this one. I leave March 25th and come home the 30th. It will be another short trip, but one much needed.
Craig and I worked a little on the upstairs this weekend. We poured mortar, layed a pan liner for our shower, and sanded more drywall. Woohoo! We need to test our plumbing now, so we will be working on other stuff until we can test it. Our list looks something like this, finish sanding the 2 bathroom walls, drywall the stairway, mud the stairway, prime the ceiling in the stairway, run a soil pipe and connect it, blah, blah...it goes on and on. The good news is, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and the lights on our ceiling. It feels so good to make progress.
I see the chiropractor again tomorrow, just for an alignment. I am subing three times this week so far, yay! I will be starting to get stuff ready for summer swim team here in Shelbyville, ah, summer! Sounds so good.
Remy, Craig, and I went for a looong walk today. It was so nice outside we had to take advantage. We also watched the movie Australia-very good, I recommend it.
The only wedding news, Craig said he wants to make stuffed mushrooms for the occasion-yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment