Monday, February 16, 2009

A Tribute to my Dad!





























I have known my dad since I was five. He told me that I asked him, " Will you be my daddy?" I have never known anyone that could choose the person who would become their father-but I guess in my case that's exactly what happened. Fate brought him to me, but my bold question and his kindness kept me around. He has always been there for me, even when I got in trouble for trying to go to a party when I clearly was not allowed to go at the age of 14. He taught me how to drive stick. I remember vividly sitting in his tiny red two door, easing the clutch out and cruising into second, "STTOOPP," he yelled and scared me so bad that I stalled. He just wanted to check my reflexes and said "what if there were a kid running across the street?"
He was the one who tickled me until I peed on the couch, and then reminded me of it when I was a sassy teen.
He was there to stand by me when my paternal father passed away in July of 2007, he even sat with me when I poured my soul out to the pastor about it.
We've laughed together, sang together, traveled together, made dinner together, and even cried together. Most of the time it's me crying though. He is my dad, and I love him so dearly. My dad who has always been there for me and with me. I know he will continue to be there for me when he can, and one of those times will be coming up very soon. September 19, 2009, the day I get married, I hope he will be the one standing beside me, walking with me to the next journey of my life. Hey DAD, will you walk me down the isle at my wedding????
Love your daughter,
Nichole (Kelly)

No comments:

Post a Comment