Monday, February 23, 2009

This weekends' wedding progress




Friday Craig and I went to Springfield to check out a tent company, by doing so we decided to go with Champaign County Tent:) We purchased a bunch of flowers from Hobby Lobby and had the best pizza ever. Godfathers Pizza buffet-yum! We picked up two sample cakes from Heavenly Delight Cakes and gave her an idea of what we want the cake to look like-yikes, pretty pricey. We have one other source to check out before we commit-hopefully our source will be cheaper. Saturday we drove to Decatur and bought more flowers, these places just never have enough. Still need probably one more trip, and our centerpiece flowers will be done. yay!
Saturday was also the viewing for our fallen soldier Jared Southworth. He was only 27 and gave his life defusing a bomb. I knew him briefly-he was in a college class at Eastern with me. He was so proud of his family and showed me pictures of his wife and kids. Craig played basketball with him in highschool and he will surely be missed. I have never seen a real life military viewing or funeral. We watched the changing of the casket guards, and they also had a harley gang there for protection against demonstrators-which we did not have any. That's what's great about a small town. The streets were lined with American Flags, and neighbors from all around came to give their respects and condolences. His funeral was Sunday-but Craig and I opted not to go since we did not know him that well.
Last night was so funny. Craig and I were watching a movie, both of us sitting on the couch. Remy thinks she can fit anywhere and tried to get up there with us. The thing is our couch is off center when we have the seats reclined and when she stepped up the whole couch rocked forward, and Craig and I had to lift our legs and throw our hands over our head to get it to rock back. Remy fell right into place, on Craig. haha We sat that way for about 20 minutes, then when Rem jumped down the couch went flying forward again, and Craig and I one more time had to lift our legs and throw our arms to get back in place. We laughed so hard. These are the things that make me laugh and really appreciate the nice things I have-my dude and my Rem, buster,and berkley.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a nice weekend. If that cake is the one you want,just book her. Moneys on the way. And we are sorry to hear anout your friend. I will be glad when this war is over. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete