Thursday, April 22, 2010

Heart Beat

We finally heard the heartbeat on our at home fetal heart doppler. So exciting. Usually I just hear my own heartbeat or the placenta swooshing. Two nights ago I laid back and two seconds later, wooshwooshwooshwoosh. It was so fast and so loud. I quickly felt my neck and my heartbeat was significantly slower. I just put my head back and listened for about 30 seconds then, whooosh. It moved. So I felt around again. We played our first game of tag. hehe! Craig loved it, and started looking up gender related to heartbeat again. I still have no premonition as to what we are having.
Per Christi's advise I bought some tubs to store the baby stuff we have so far. I bought three tubs. One is full of blankets already. One has clothes, mittens, burp clothes, and little booties. The last has all the stuffed lambs people have given us, a little pink bunny, and two books. We have a nice start and I'm not even six months along yet.
I mentioned to Craig that it'd be nice to clean out the nursery and go ahead and paint and make it suitable for storing baby stuff instead of tools and lumber. We look like a hardware store. I don't think he is ready to jump on that bandwagon, but if I put the bug in Connie's ear, I bet she would make it happen. HINT! HINT! It sure would be nice to not have to store the baby stuff in our kitchen.
People at work are starting to point out that my stomach is getting bigger. It's pretty funny. One lady said, "hey, look, your starting to show." I was like, No way, really? I have been telling people that for the last two months.
There is a baby in there, and I'm showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment