Wednesday, April 7, 2010

2nd appointment

I had my second appointment on Monday. I went solo this time since Dude had an important deadline to meet at work. I got to hear the heartbeat. It was a steady 156. I only got to hear it for about 15 seconds. The nurse said, can you hear it, I said oh, yeah, and then she took the doppler off. Bummer. I think I am getting another ultrasound soon to see if the umbilical cord is forming or formed. The doctor sounded concerned that the yolk sac was still present at my 10 week ultrasound, but when I looked it up online, they said it doesn't go away until about 81 gestational days. Whatever, I'm excited to get another ultrasound before 22 weeks, maybe we will find out the sex. She also said I had blood in my urine and put me on UTI antibiotics. It's hard enough for me to swallow my horse pill of a prenatal, now this. Today was the first day when I thought, oh my gosh, is it really 26 more weeks of this. I'm super bloated, can't really sleep, so tired, and my face is breaking out. I kind of hyperventilated for a few seconds, then started thinking about the cute little baby that will be here at the end.
Last night Craig and I tried to hear the heartbeat at home since he didn't get to hear it on Monday. We heard what we thought was it, but I'm not too sure it wasn't mine. The monitor said it was 118, which is probably more like mine. Who knows, maybe we heard it and it just wasn't registering the right number. Next time I will time it with a watch to see what the bpm are. I told myself I was going to bed early tonight, but here I sit at 9:45 still awake. Try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment