Monday, January 19, 2009





















Craig and I got engaged November 2, 2007. He told me he had a meeting in Chicago and asked if I would ride along with him. I agreed, non the wiser. When we got close to the exit he asked me to read the directions, I gave him the wrong ones and he started to panic. I could tell this was not his usual frustrated facial expressions, there was much more going on here. We finally made our destination after being told I could have gotten us killed, two white kids driving around who knows what part of town in a Cadillac. He forgets I grew up near L.A. ha! It was beautiful. We walked half way down a long wooden plank known as Navy Pier. I had riden 2 1/2 hours and drank a whole iced tea and really needed to use the restroom. I thought he was upset because he was going to be late for a meeting, he tapped his toes and scowled as I ran for the ladies room. When I came out he had a crooked smile and sweat beads running down his cheek, even though it was about 30 degrees. Yes, I was wearing a coat, scarf, and still cold. I saw a sailboat and thought how wonderful it would be to capture a picture of Craig and the sailboat on our first visit to Navy Pier-Even if it was work related. He scowled at this and Me being persistent had to beg three times. "Come on please, it's so cool, I promise I won't show anyone." (check out my photos) He posed for the photo and directly after, he grabbed my arm and shoved me toward the water. I thought for sure he was trying to kill me. Push me in and never look back. Instead, what I saw was a shakey, love filled, panic of a smile. He knelt down, and pulled out the most amazing ring I'd ever seen and, while I saw his lips moving I have no idea what he said. I started crying-imagine that-and saying over and over-oh, my God, oh, my God! I put the ring on and turned to see people watching, gulp. We were greeted by a young couple who said they had seen what was going on and snapped a couple of pictures. We spent the next couple of hours finding a spot to eat and calling our loved ones to let them in on our secret. Then it hit me, Craig had missed his meeting-yes, I am that blonde.

No comments:

Post a Comment