Sunday, May 24, 2009

possi-veil-ities









I have been very busy with subing. This last week a junior high girl called me retarded, and a preschooler told me I was as scary as his mom. I sooo cannot wait to start my own class in August.
Craig and his mom planted flowers the other day and they discovered a starling or Robin's nest in our reath on the shed. There were 3 baby birds with their beeks pointed to the sky awaiting a yummy treat from mom or dad bird. This was so amazing and I am never taking the reath down-maybe I'll even put up a few more so we can have a bunch of little baby birds next year. I make a point to check on them a few times a day just to see what's up, and one is getting pretty brave and standing up in the nest.
I have been scoping out veils and so far my new favorite is this one. It is adjustable and can also be bunched up and used as an ornate barette. I think it costs a fortune however, so I'm going to hone my skills and try to make one myself. I figured for something I will wear for 20 min. I can do something different and unique to my style. I also posted to pics that I would like our photographer to try to mimic. I love the pic with the little boy and thought I could get a casual pic like that with all my fav. kids-we might need a wide lens.
Craig was playing with a bubble machine at Sandy's house last night-he was way too excited about it. We both agreed we should get a couple of them and let the kids go to town right after the reception-would be pretty to see all the bubbles and it might keep them entertained for a few minutes-might keep Craig interested too!
I also love the pic with the bridesmaid fastening the shoe while the bride shows a little leg. A bride should be sexy and elegant. Roy said he would try to get a NY yankees garter to be my something blue-I hope this happens, Craig would get a kick out of it. I am going to have our cake person make him a Yankee hat groom's cake.
Our lake is flooded again, and I think it's supposed to rain again tomorrow. I need people to pray for a drought. I can live without the rain anyway.
There was a building in town that looks like a giant carousel house, and city hall said it is free to rent out. We thought, "perfect, let's book it." Then the lady told me it is already booked for a paranormal convention!!! What!!! You've got to be kidding me. What a joke. So we are waiting for the drought, and if worse comes to worse, there is a lot of land around the lake, I'm sure we can find someplace.

2 comments: