Monday, June 28, 2010

Almost freak-out!


So, I purchased baby furniture about a month ago and we recieved 3 pieces of it so far. The mattress, the conversion rails, and the hutch are here, in our living room. The crib is supposed to be back-ordered until Sept.1st. So, I looked online to check our order and saw only the words "crib" left in the que. I called JC Penneys and the lady said oh yes, there is no order for a dresser or a changer. I asked her if I ordered it today could I use the original discount since it was just an oversite. The answer was no. So, I said, let me think about this. After a bit I called back and said, ok, can I get free shipping or just have it shipped with the crib. This time the lady said, well, we can cancel your crib order and redo it but it might put the delivery date even further back. So again, I said, let me think about this. I got back on the website to check my order again wondering how in the world I could forget to order the dresser and changer, they are two of the most important parts. In the meantime I had to text Craig to tell him what I did. Not a happy camper there!! I finally typed in the item number to see why it was costing me $700 for a crib that cost $300. Ah,ha! It was a set of three pieces, but just listed as "crib" in the invoice. So I called penneys back again and made sure I was really seeing this right. This time she said, oh yes, that is a room package and all three pieces will be sent at the same time. So I hadn't forgotten to order it and the first two ladies I spoke with were morons. Good thing I didn't just purchase them again, or we would have two of everything and had paid twice for shipping. Awesome customer service strikes again! So glad I don't have to have this conversation with Craig later. Whew! We still have to wait until Sept. for the crib, dresser, and changer though. Since we don't have a room to put it in yet, I can't complain too much.
By the way. Tomorrow is the 100th day until my due date. I remember the last one hundred days before the wedding. They went rediculously fast and left little time for error. I sure hope we have a room for him, otherwise ours will be getting a little cramped.

No comments:

Post a Comment